Representation in Colorado bicycle accident cases
Colorado bicycle accident lawyer Brian Weiss focuses on representing injured cyclists across the state. Brian has a passion for bicycle riding, and he brings two decades of legal experience to the Bike Law network.
If you would like to discuss your case with a Colorado bicycle accident attorney, Brian welcomes your call for a free consultation.
Statewide Help For Colorado Cyclists
Brian is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Colorado. He has helped cyclists in Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Aspen, Evergreen, Aurora and other Colorado communities.
Brian has represented dozens of cyclists involved in bike accidents, including riders in bike-car crashes and those hurt by a defective bicycle product or of an unsafe road condition.
Brian is representing the family of a Gunnison cyclist who was killed in 2015 by an unlicensed minor driver.
Please see Brian's bio page for other bike accident cases he has handled.
Colorado Bike Laws
Brian has written extensively about Colorado's bike laws, and the steps bicyclists should take if they are in a bike accident. For more information, please see these blog posts:
- What to do After a Bike Accident: After a bike-car crash, Brian says bicyclists should take eight critical steps to protect their rights.
- What Insurance Matters After a Bike Accident: This is a must-read for all Colorado cyclists. Brian discusses the various types of insurance coverage, including health policies, disability insurance and underinsured motorists coverage, that could affect your bike accident claim,
- Bike riders in Colorado have the right to ride on public roads: We all like a post that start this way: "Colorado cyclists, like us, have an absolute right to use public roads and a responsibility to follow all rules and signs as if they were a motor vehicle."
- Use Lights when Riding your Bike at Night – It’s the law: Do you know what Colorado law requires for bike lights? Brian sets out the details in this post.
FAQs on Colorado Bike Accidents
Brian has also answered questions he frequently hears from cyclists. Among them:
- Can you recover even if the motorist never hit you?
- Can you recover if the motorist did not have insurance?
- Does your auto insurance cover accidents when you are on your bike?
Please see his Frequently Asked Questions page.
Rules of the Road for Colorado Bicyclists
Brian and his law partner have written a book that explains your rights and responsibilities as a Colorado cyclist. The guide covers these topics:
- Where cyclists must ride on the road.
- The use of lights.
- The use of hand signals.
- The rules on riding two abreast.
- What to do after a bike accident.
- The importance of insurance in a bike accident case.
Please feel free to download and share Brian's PDF: The Rules Of The Road For Colorado Cyclists.
If you would like Bike Law to come speak to your club or at your shop, please contact us.